FIGHTING & RESCUE VEHICLES
FIRE PROTECTION & EMERGENCY
Emergency Folding Ladders
- JOMIRO Automatic Speed Controlled Descender
- Carbon-T Fire Blanket
Carbon-T Fire Hoods
The Carbon-T Hood is a unique blend of high temperature
resistant Carbon and high strength aramid which can withstand temperatures in excess of
900°C (1652°F) for prolonged time frames and temperatures up to 1300°C (2372°F) for
shorter periods. As compared to the Nomex which can only withstand temperatures up to
371°C (700°F) before it begins degrading rapidly.
UL Classified to meet the hood requirements of NFPA 1971
Standard on Protective Ensemble for Structural Firefighting, 2000 Edition. Compliant with
CAL-OSHA Requirements. Passes Fed. Text 191 Method 5903.2; CAL-OSHA Sections 3406(d); and
complies with OSHA Rule 18 CFR Part 1910, 269.
MEETS LATEST SPECS NFPA
Features and Benefits:
- Covers - Chest, shoulders and shoulder blades
- Non-Flammable - In extreme heat or flame, fabric glow but
will not burn. Retains certain tenacity at temperatures exceeding 2600°F for over 60
- Non-Melting - Absolutely melt-proof and will not become
stiff. It remains soft to the touch after being exposed to fire.
- Non-Shrinking - The Carbon-T™ is almost totally
non-shrinkable when exposed to flame and heat for short period of time.
- Deposits No Tar - When clothing melts or stiffens and
decomposes in a fire, it deposit a by-product tar in the form of a liquid, which has a
similar effect as melting in increasing the risk of burns. The CarbonShield™ blend
deposits no tar.
- Non-Heat Conductivity - Carbon-T blend has a low heat
conductivity on the same level as wool
- Comfortable - Fabric has an excellent moisture
regain(approx. 8%) but because it wicks moisture away from the skin to the outer shell, it
enables the moisture to evaporate at a rapid rate.
- Lightweight/Excellent TPP - Weighs only 6.5 oz./sq. yd.
which is over 20% lighter than most NFPA compliant hoods, yet has excellent Thermal
Protection Performance (TPP) rating of 28.
- Highest Limiting Oxygen Index (LOI) of all Flame Resistant
Fabrics - Flame resistance is commonly measured by the LOI, the amount of oxygen needed in
the atmosphere to support combustion. Fabric with an LOI greater than 25 are said to be
flame resistant, meaning there must be at least 25% oxygen present for the fabric to burn.
The higher the LOI, the more flame resistant the fabric. The CarbonShield™ fabric has an
LOI which is 65 to 70% higher than Nomex and approximately 30% higher than PBI.
- Excellent Stretch, Recovery Properties and Shape Retention
- Odor Absorbing Qualities - Activated Carbon Fabric (ACF) are
also known for their ability to absorb odors.
- Color: Natural Black